Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Here’s TWO you

So it’s the eve of August 9 and this has been at times the scariest two years of my life. Tonight I will go to sleep full of prayers and thankful for all that I have come through. At the end of this school year I was told I’m probably not going back to work. I knew that was a firm statement and didn’t tell anyone because I’m not claiming it. So before school was finished I had a port placed in my brain to kick this cancers butt. You may not know that chemo cannot pass to your brain so this direct port was the only way. So since then I have been taking chemo all through summer. Now we have reached a place where I only go once a week and we were finally able to go to Wilmington. On top of that I’m going back to work!!! It’s going to take some flexibility from my coworkers but they are the greatest team I could ask for. In the meantime, some wonderful things have happened between my oncologist and neurosurgeon just being my champions as well as the nurses. I continue to be so thankful for all of the support in many forms. I pray for you guys daily and so thankful for my friends, family, and medical team. Please don’t ever feel your thoughts and prayers are unnoticed and know they give me the strength to RISE! #IWillRise #TeamWhite

No comments:

Post a Comment